Professional Yoga Therapy: Mind, Body, Medicine
Utilizing the tools of Yoga to facilitate healing of the body, mind, and spirit.
Transforming poor health into vitality, enlightenment, and a sense of ease in the body.
Yoga Therapy is that facet of the ancient science of Yoga that focuses on health and wellness at all levels of the person~physical, psychological, and spiritual
Yoga Therapy focuses on the path of yoga as a healing journey that brings balance to the body and mind through an experiential understanding of the primary intention of yoga: Awakening of Spirit, which is our essential nature. Yoga Therapy addresses the larger questions of the meaning of life and the role of health and healing within it.
- The healing journey is unique to each individual. Yoga Therapy selects, adapts and modifies the practices of yoga appropriately for the individual with respect to age, culture, religion, and specific physical challenges and conditions to facilitate optimal health and healing of the body/mind.
- The Yoga therapy process begins with a thorough description of the student’s present status at physical, psychological and spiritual levels. It takes into consideration the student’s Ayurvedic constitution, specific areas of physical and psychological strength and weakness, the role of stress and areas of separation in the life of the student. It then looks at which facets of yoga would facilitate optimal wellness and finally designs a program of yoga practice to meet the needs and goals of the student.
- Jacqueline’s approach blends her knowledge as a Professional Yoga Therapist, and a Holistic Health Practitioner with Ayurvedic medicine, and Integrative Nutritional wellness to sculpt a unique and motivating plan designed for each individual’s needs and desires. Her approach to healing will utilize breath work, meditation techniques, yoga, and proper nutrition. Her goal is to help teach others, and provide them with the tools needed to learn how to heal their body, mind, and spirit from the “inside out“.
- Yoga therapy is a self-empowering process. Jacqueline will implement a personalized and evolving yoga practice suited for the individuals needs. She will help you tap into your own unique energy, which is lying deep within each of us waiting to be explored!
- Six to Twelve sessions are recommended: Which will facilitate a change in behavioral, postural alignment issues, and life style habits that have accumulated in our body and mind affecting our health.
- Initial 60 min consultation- $75 Recommended to begin the journey. Forms must be filled out prior to the first session. During the initial consultation we will develop a program based on your unique individual needs.
You may choose from any of the session options below or combine any to fit your needs!
- 120 min session-$150 This in depth session will allow more time for integration and instruction. Sessions will include any of the following: Yoga therapy, Nutritional counseling, Ayurvedic Dosha evaluation, Breath work, and Yoga postures.
- 90 minute session- $90 This session will focus on TWO of the Yogic tools listed below. Session may include: Yoga therapy, Nutritional consultation, Ayurvedic evaluation, Breath work (Pranayama), Yoga postures (asana), Mudras (hand gestures), and Chanting.
- Any 60 min session- $75 May include any of the Yoga therapy tools depending upon the individuals needs.
- Nutritional Counseling 60 min session-$75 learn ways to control: weight, stress, high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid, and other dis-eases, and overall health counseling & exercise.
- 30 min session- $40 A 30 min session may include breath work (Pranayama) exercises, with a seated meditation; or a simple asana practice with breath work or seated meditation.
- 15 min “Stretch and Breathe” session- $25 Great for learning stress reduction, and coping skills!
Package rates are available for visits of five or more.
A Sliding pay scale may be available according to need
Consultations will be offered by appointment only
Sessions are strictly confidential, and are offered privately,
Semi private or small groups
corporate rates are available.
Please contact Jacqueline for appointments
© 2008 ShantiLuna Yoga & Wellness
All rights reserved