Jacqueline Is a Yoga teacher, Yoga Therapist, and certified Holistic Health Coach in Lafayette Indiana.
She has been practicing Yoga in some form or another since she was a small girl. Her interest and love for Yoga, meditation, and overall health were planted in her heart for as long as she can remember. At a very early age she was doing Yoga asana (postures), handstands, balances and back bends. At that time she was unaware of them as being Yoga asana, but her love of going upside down continues today.
She has a deep yearning for spirituality, which began in her early childhood years growing up in a large Catholic family. Jacqueline’s journey has led her to study many different beliefs and philosophies. She began studying Contemplative Meditation through the writings of Thomas Merton, Anthony De Mello, and Thomas Keating. She attended various three and four day silent retreats through the Catholic Faith: Thomas Merton’s Monastic community the Abbey of Gethsemani in Trappist, Kentucky; The Dominican house in Northern Virginia; and the Holy Cross Abbey in Berryville, VA with the Trappist Monks. These teachings inspired a desire to study the ancient Asian beliefs which, began over 20 years ago. The yearning for deeper exploration, and discovery has led her to India several times to study Mindfulness Meditation, Yoga, and Ayurveda. She enjoys traveling the world, learning and growing from her own experiences, and the knowledge she gains from her various teachers.
She continues to study and embrace the teachings of Vipassana “insight” or Mindfulness meditation, and the teachings of the Buddha. Vipassana is seeing things as they really are, and is the form of meditation the Buddha used to attain enlightenment while sitting under the Bodhi (widom) tree.
- She received her 200-hour teaching certification from the prestigious OM Yoga center in New York City with Cyndi Lee, Frank Mauro and David Nichtern.
- Member Yoga Alliance Teacher 500-RYT.
- Member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
- Member of the American Association of Drugless Practioners.
- Certified Yin Yoga instructor from renowned anatomist Paul Grilley.
- Yoga and Ayurveda Conference Rishikesh, India 2008~ Dr. David Frawely; Mukunda Stiles (Yoga Therapist/Structural Yoga Therapist); Dr. Robert Svoboda; Dr. Rama Prasad and others.
- Teachers College Columbia University.
- Certified Holistic Health counselor.
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York City.
- During her Year long education she studied with distinguished teachers in the field of Nutrition and Holistic medicine including: Dr. Andrew Weil, Dr. Mehmett OZ, Dr.Deepok Chopra, Dr Walter Willett, Dr. Barry Sears, Dr. Mark Hyman, David Wolfe, Paul Pitchford, Sally Fallon, Dr.Anne Marie Colbin and many other highly respected teachers.
- Professional Yoga therapist and holds her 500-PYT. She obtained her training at Kripalu in Lenox Mass, from Joseph and Lillian Le Page. She hopes to complete her 1000-hour internship.
- Yoga of the Heart Cardiac & Cancer care certification training: Nischala Joy Devi founderYoga of the Heart® abundantwellbeing.com . It is a training and certification program for Yoga teachers and health professionals designed to adapt Yoga practices to the special needs of people living with Heart Disease, Cancer and other Life-Challenging Diseases. This course was used in the Yoga portion for the Dean Ornish program for Reversing Heart Disease, and in the award-winning Commonwealth Cancer Help Program.
- Holds a certification in Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation from Spirit Rock meditation center in San Francisco. This in depth 18-month training program integrated Yoga, and Pranayama (breath and energy work), as foundations for the more subtle limbs of yogic practice (meditation, concentration, and insight), utilizing Patanjali’s classical yoga system and the techniques taught by the Buddha. The program was led by a group of nationally renowned teachers in the Buddhist and Yogic traditions. They are Jack Kornfield, Phillip Moffitt, Mark Coleman, Diana Winston, Anna Douglas and others. The yoga teachers and guest presenters have included Stephen Cope, Anne Cushman, Tias Little, Sarah Powers, Frank Jude Boccio, Judith Lasater, Jill Satterfield, Patricia Sullivan, Janice Gates, Dr. Dean Ornish, Chip Hartranft and others.
- Continuing practitioner of Insight meditation. Participates in yearly ten-day silent retreats in various parts of the country and India.
- Currently participating in a two year study course through Spirit Rock. The Dedicated Practitioner Program encompasses an in-depth study and practicum of the Buddha’s teachings. The program format is broken up into five retreats over a two year period May 2011-May 2013.
- Month long silent retreat March 2012- Spirit Rock Meditation Center
Jacqueline’s eclectic approach to teaching is colored by the knowledge she has gained from her years of practice and studies. She has had the blessing of studying with a vast array of remarkable and diverse teachers. These teachings along with her years of traveling the world will guide you on a unique journey of self-exploration, inner awareness, and appreciation for the unique gifts, which are lying deep within each of us waiting to be released! Her goal is to bring Yoga Therapy to people who are suffering from dis-ease of body, mind, and spirit!